Wednesday 1 June 2011

New Beyoncé "Best Thing I Never Had"


After coming to the realisation that "Who Run The World?" was not catching on with listeners, Beyoncé has gone back to the drawing board and come up with, "Best Thing I Never Had".

This time round Beyoncé has opted to play it safe with another "Irreplacable" type pop number.  The song is a definitive break up mid tempo which sees the diva "dodging a bullet" and escaping a bad relationship.

I am sure the track will garner much more support than it's predecessor but I think it's a bit of a cop out if I'm honest.  At least "Girls" was innovative and showed a little change in direction from the superstar.  This, on the other hand, makes me feel like i've stepped back into to 2006 and found a hidden track on the "B'Day" album.  Generally, I feel like Beyoncé has to switch it up a little and try something new because this new era has got off to a such a shaky start, and if she wants to keep up with the Lady GaGas and Rihannas of the world she'll have to come a lot harder.

The album, '4', is due out on June 28th.  Check out the song below:

1 comment: