Sunday 13 March 2011

Sunday Songs

On a Sunday (the only day I seem to have any free time) I like to dig out some music I might not listen to regularly and reignite my appreciation for it.  So I thought i'd share some of my Sunday highlights.


This unreleased Solange track titled "wanna go back" features Marsha Ambrosius (of Floetry) and Q-Tip.   With Solange's airy voice and soulful melodies this is definitely one of her best efforts.  Still bemused as to why it didn't make her last album.  That said, it makes me excited for what the new album might hold in store.


I have a secret penchant for Nigerian hip hop music and this man here is my favourite.  A friend introduced me to M.I. a few years ago and I was so impressed by his flow and sick metaphors.  His flow is a cross between Lil Wayne and Kanye West and his word play is ridiculous.


Remember Kano?  He seems to have got lost in this UK grime resurgance but Kano was one of the first to experience mainstream chart success in the genre.  As Chipmunk, Tinie Tempah and Wretch 32 take over the UK scene, don't forget this man.  "London Town" is one of my favourites from his spectacular second album of the same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment